"Summertime" cake to celebrate the last day of 1st grade for Alaina's class.
Yellow cake with almond buttercream.
Alaina and Ansley enjoying the Hawaiian luau...their favorite kind of party!
The girls with Mrs. Anderson--This wonderful lady was the exact teacher that Alaina needed this year! She has a true love for teaching and she genuinely cares for her students. Alaina woke up happy to go to Mrs. Anderson's classroom every day! She has been a blessing to our family!
The girls with Mrs. Anderson and Talley, Alaina's favorite friend from her class.
LIMBO...How low can you go?
Relay Race which involved a costume change.
Hunting for shells in a sandbox!
AND FINALLY... THE HOOLA HOOP...Oh, yes, I did! Just in case you don't know this about me, I won the 1993 Hoola Hoop contest in Bolton Dining Hall on the University of Georgia campus!!! Since then, I've shown off my skills at numerous wedding receptions. A few times, it's been almost scandalous. The hoops were there at the elementary school and I couldn't resist!!!TODAY WAS THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!! Alaina's class had a wonderful luau-themed party with lots of games...limbo, relay races, shell hunting, musical chairs with music from Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch (yes, I wanted to dance), and HOOLA HOOP! The kids enjoyed a picnic lunch and a beach-themed cake, courtesy of moi! Mrs. Anderson and Ms. Tasciotti asked me to make this particular cake for the classes. Everyone had a great time!
I now have a second grader and a four-year-old "pre-k" preschooler! They are getting so BIG so QUICKLY!!! Alaina had a wonderful report card and amazing test scores! I am so proud of her hard work and excellent behavior at school this year!!!
I look forward to more one-on-one time with my girls this summer. To start the summer off right, we had a "family meeting" this afternoon where we formulated and clarified our "expectations"...chores, unacceptable behavior, consequences, and routines. The girls actually came up with the lists on their own with some guidance in the right direction from me. If we can follow the guidelines we established, hopefully we'll have a summer full of fun and harmony!
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing about your precious family. It's great to see pictures of them (and you) and to hear how all of you are doing. I can't believe that Hallie has finished second grade and Ethan will be in kindgergarten next year. Time flies! I hope you enjoy your summer. I'll be checking back for more updates!
Post a Comment