Forming up for training. This is the pavilion where we met to start every day. Some days started as early as 5:45 am...the active soldiers are starting their training tomorrow at 4am. Some of my days started as late as 9:00 am. Tomorrow I don't have anything till 4pm. Lots of "Hurry up and wait!"
Marching to training. We had about a 1/3 mile march to all of our training and briefings everyday. I have not walked this much since I left the Army. It feels very good...except that my feet are killing me as I break in new boots. Welcome back!
When I have had down time, I did not have much to do. Here is my bunk for the week. This is a FAR cry from my king sized Sterns & Foster mattress at home sleeping next to my beautiful wife. In hind site, I can't believe I slept on bunks like this for so long. Brings back lots of memories.
My bunk was in a 4 man room. Luckily there was only 3 of us...but one was an immigrant from Sudan who had enlisted in the Army at age 41. He had just completed AIT and was on hold over for two weeks at the CRC in preparation for deployment to Iraq to be an interpreter. That was all great, but he didn't shower for days at a time. My room smelled so bad...like stinky feet. Luckily, I found him out of the room a few times and was able to leave the windows open for fresh air. But most of the time, I would find him in the room laying on his bed. WELCOME BACK INTO THE SYSTEM!One more day and I am heading home to see my Girls!
No comments:
Post a Comment