After The Kuwait Towers, we drove to the other side of town to The Avenues Mall. We have several malls in Atlanta called The Avenues, so this is funny to us! The mall was very bizarre. With everyone in their robes and their heads and faces covered, it felt like Halloween! Everyone STARED at us, again! All of the advertisements and billboards on the storefronts had white models only...Very strange...and we were the only white people around! The mall was so full of people walking very quickly that it was overwhelming. The boys and men held hands to show friendship...also something quite different to see! We went to the restroom at the IKEA. There is a prayer room attached to the restroom where everyone had removed their shoes. I was so afraid of walking through the wrong door! The restrooms have the waterhoses for spraying off bottoms, so all of the floors were wet. We saw so many INTERESTING and DIFFERENT things. I had culture shock by the end of the day, so I came home, took a Tylenol, and went to bed!!!

Remains of war...

Water Towers...

Sunset...



The Avenues Mall--Unbelievable shopping!

IKEA

IKEA
No comments:
Post a Comment